With the recent Brexit vote and the state of the economy constantly in the news, you may be worried about all the uncertainty ahead. It is amazing how even small things can add up and cost you money.
Whether you are a business looking to keep costs down or a homeowner keeping an eye out for money saving tips – there is something here for you. See below for our top five tips for keeping energy costs down:
- Ensure all your appliances and equipment are turned off when not in use. We see it time and time again where photocopiers, computers, printers and phone chargers are left turned on at the plug when the business is closed. This still costs you money. This stands for hairdryers and straighteners in the home too. It is also advisable not to leave equipment on “stand-by” mode – make sure you turn machines off completely.
- Have you thought about your lighting choices and whether these are costing you more than they need to? Think about low energy compact fluorescent lights or LED lights if you are using halogen at the moment. If in doubt, we can perform an analysis to help you make the best decision for your budget and lighting needs.
- Another energy saving tip, though perhaps not the most popular, is turning your thermostat down a degree or two and to put on a jumper! The difference in temperature is minimal and comfort level shouldn’t be affected or noticeable, but you can save a lot by doing this one small thing.
- Probably one of the most important tips is to monitor what you are using. Energy monitors are devices that help you discover how much energy you are using and how much it’s costing.
- Compare prices for your energy provider – http://bit.ly/2aJriZf
You should also take this a step further and ensure you are using the best suppliers for repairs and works. Whether it is your boiler servicing, your plumbing or of course, your electric works. We offer the best electricians’ services at a competitive price, so save our number to your phone book – 0207 1187737
We hope you find these tips useful. If you do want an audit of your current electrical set-up, including lighting, to see if it could be made more cost efficient, don’t hesitate to give us a call to find out more: 0207 1187737